Thursday, March 22, 2012

Water stall

When China announced that it was entering the offshore wind energy arena and set some ambitious goals, it was assumed by many that they would simply do whatever it took to meet them. The assumption underlying that assumption being, the "Chinese government" can do whatever it wants to do - wherever and whenever it pleases. Apparently, that's not exactly how things get done there. (GW)

Longyuan's 200MW China offshore project stuck in limbo

Recharge
March 17, 2012

Longyuan, China’s largest wind developer, is still waiting for government approval for a 200MW offshore project awarded in 2010, says the company’s chief engineer.

The company won a tender for the project at Dafeng, Jiangsu province in the first round of offshore concessions issued by China’s National Energy Administration.

However the wind farm has been severely delayed by objections to the proposed location raised by the State Ocean Administration (SOA).

Discussions with the SOA are still ongoing, Yang Xiaosheng, Longyuan’s chief engineer tells a conference in Beijing.

“We changed to a new place, and then to another place, and now a year has lapsed and it seems we have to find another new place,” he says.

None of the four offshore concession projects have started installation though two are expected to start soon, adds Yang.

The delays have raised concerns that China will not meet its goal of installing 5GW of offshore wind power by 2015.

China has only installed just over 200MW of offshore wind power to date. This includes the 102MW Shanghai Donghai bridge project completed in 2010 and Longyuan’s 99MW inter-tidal demonstration project at Rudong, Jiangsu province, connected early this year.

Yi Yuechun, deputy chief engineer at China Water Resources and Hydropower Planning and Design Institute, says the country has 43GW of offshore wind resources that could be exploited. So far, 16.5GW, or 38 projects, are in early stage development.
“If we don’t make it clear soon where the other 3GW will come from, it will be hard to reach the target for 2015,” he says.

Analysts at Bloomberg New Energy Finance expect China to significantly increase offshore installations from next year, when it will install around 400MW, before reaching cumulative capacity of just over 4GW by 2015.

However this depends on additional national concession projects being awarded this year, says Demi Zhu, BNEF analyst.

The National Energy Administration (NEA) was scheduled to hand out another 1.5GW - 2GW of tenders last year but the process has been delayed. It is scheduled to be released in the first half of this year.

Yang also cautioned against rushing development of China’s offshore market, urging the government to control the pace of new installations.

“There’s still a long way to go to reach maturity. We need to build large offshore construction bases to create economies of scale. Otherwise projects will be too small and the costs too high and there will be disorderly development,” he says.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an
e-mail. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

Also visit my homepage: Vimax Extender

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this website from my pal who shared with me on the topic of this website and now this time I am visiting this web site and
reading very informative posts at this time.

My webpage ... Buy pure garciniacambogia

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... best eye care products

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm extremely pleased to discover this page. I need to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every part of it and I have you book-marked to look at new information on your site.

Here is my web page ... Power Preciision

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious know-how on the topic of unpredicted feelings.


Also visit my website Diet Patch Diets

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will immediately snatch your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription hyperlink
or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me know so that I may just
subscribe. Thanks.

Also visit my weblog; Wrinkle cream

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This piece of writing will assist the internet users for setting up new
blog or even a blog from start to end.

Also visit my web site :: Best Anti Wrinkle Product

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fantastic that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

Also visit my web page :: Nuvocleanse

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about > "Water stall" < Loved it!

Here is my page: Be your own boss

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I would like to subscribe for this webpage to obtain most recent updates, therefore where can i do it please
help.

Here is my web site - raspberry ketones dosage

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If some one wishes to be updated with newest technologies after that he must be pay a visit this website and be up to date daily.


my blog: Cambogia trim

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be recommended this web site via my cousin.

I'm no longer positive whether this submit is written by way of him as no one else recognize such detailed approximately my difficulty. You're wonderful!

Thank you!

my page ... Stem Cell Threapy Cream Reviews

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I'm happy
that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.


my site Ultra Slim Patch Diet

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha
plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!

My web-site: NaturaCleanse Diets

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What i do not understood is actually how you
are not really a lot more well-preferred than you may be now.
You are so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly
with regards to this subject, made me in my opinion imagine it from so many various
angles. Its like men and women aren't fascinated except it is something to do with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. At all times deal with it up!

Look at my web-site :: Garcinia Cambogia ExtractGarcinia Cambogia HCA

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is
simply great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

profit master

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an awesome paragraph in support of all the online users; they will get benefit from it I am sure.

Here is my page; green coffee

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue.
If you have any suggestions, please share. Appreciate
it!

Feel free to visit my website - make cash online

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mates, good post and pleasant urging commented here, I am
in fact enjoying by these.

my web blog pay day loans in georgia

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this web site.

my web site bodybuilding diet

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the
images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Feel free to visit my website: Buy Androsolve

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my
comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble
finding one? Thanks a lot!

sex drive

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home